He stepped in a pile that was so much bigger than he, how could he not see it? He must have looked so far to the left he couldn’t see what was in front of him.
Obama was pandering for the women’s vote and alienated the entire base that are proponents of the first amendment.
If there is any doubt left in any constituents mind the current administration is after your rights, look no further than his latest effort to eradicate the first amendment. The first amendment – the most important of them all!
“Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.”
This is the appearance of walking back the abortion and contraception part of the Affordable Healthcare Act he just recently implemented. On the heels of which the administration will paint the Republicans as wanting to ban contraception. Will you succumb to this thinly veiled propaganda?
Office of the Press Secretary
FACT SHEET: Women’s Preventive Services and Religious Institutions
Thanks to the Affordable Care Act, most health insurance plans will cover women’s preventive services, including contraception, without charging a co-pay or deductible beginning in August, 2012. This new law will save money for millions of Americans and ensure Americans nationwide get the high-quality care they need to stay healthy.
Today, President Obama will announce that his Administration will implement a policy that accommodates religious liberty while protecting the health of women. Today, nearly 99 percent of all women have used contraception at some point in their lives, but more than half of all women between the ages of 18-34 struggle to afford it.
Under the new policy to be announced today, women will have free preventive care that includes contraceptive services no matter where she works. The policy also ensures that if a woman works for a religious employer with objections to providing contraceptive services as part of its health plan, the religious employer will not be required to provide, pay for or refer for contraception coverage, but her insurance company will be required to directly offer her contraceptive care free of charge.
The new policy ensures women can get contraception without paying a co-pay and fully accomodates important concerns raised by religious groups by ensuring that objecting non-profit religious employers will not have to provide contraceptive coverage or refer women to organizations that provide contraception. Background on this policy is included below:
• Under Section 2713 of the Affordable Care Act, the Administration adopted new guidelines that will require most private health plans to cover preventive services for women without charging a co-pay starting on August 1, 2012. These preventive services include well women visits, domestic violence screening, and contraception, and all were recommended to the Secretary of Health and Human Services by the independent Institute of Medicine of the National Academy of Science.
• Today, the Obama Administration will publish final rules in the Federal Register that:
o Exempts churches, other houses of worship, and similar organizations from covering contraception on the basis of their religious objections.
o Establishes a one-year transition period for religious organizations while this policy is being implemented.
• The President will also announce that his Administration will propose and finalize a new regulation during this transition year to address the religious objections of the non-exempted non-profit religious organizations. The new regulation will require insurance companies to cover contraception if the religious organization chooses not to. Under the policy:
o Religious organizations will not have to provide contraceptive coverage or refer their employees to organizations that provide contraception.
o Religious organizations will not be required to subsidize the cost of contraception.
o Contraception coverage will be offered to women by their employers’ insurance companies directly, with no role for religious employers who oppose contraception.
o Insurance companies will be required to provide contraception coverage to these women free of charge.
o The new policy does not affect existing state requirements concerning contraception coverage.
Covering contraception is cost neutral since it saves money by keeping women healthy and preventing spending on other health services. For example, there was no increase in premiums when contraception was added to the Federal Employees Health Benefit System and required of non-religious employers in Hawaii. One study found that covering contraception saved employees $97 per year, per employee.
From a religious or faith-based perspective
Pregnancy is a natural result of sex, including and most consequential to premarital sex. Pregnancy is procreation and the method for procreation is sex. Conception is not a disease or a disorder to be protected against. It is not a condition that qualifies for preventative healthcare. Sexually transmitted disease qualifies as something worth preventing that has an adverse impact on health. Conception and contraception is a personal decision, not a government one.
We should not be removing the natural consequences of our actions, we should not interfere with free will. If God grants us free will to disobey with fornication, are we not also immoral if we promote poor, bad and immoral actions? Should you pay for someone’s immoral decisions?
Furthermore, Obama’s favorite word is free, used consistently and often. Nothing is free. Obama shifted the purse strings from the Catholic Churches to the Insurance Corporations. The insurance companies aren’t going to eat those additional costs, Catholics will still be paying for “free contraceptives and abortifacients (morning after pill)” that is in direct conflict with one of the most important tenets of the Catholic doctrine.
We, as taxpayers will be paying the bill for these “free” medications, we will be paying the bill, nothing is free.
I was emailed this timely bit of advice from Wallbuilders.com:
Conscience Protection Amendment –
Call Your Senator Today!
Sometime this week (perhaps as early as today!), The Conscience Protection Amendment (offered by Senator Roy Blunt (MO)), appearing as an amendment to the Highway Transportation bill, will be voted on – AND YOUR ACTION IS NEEDED (see the action steps below)!
Don’t let anyone tell you that this amendment – or this issue in general – is about contraceptives or “just” abortion; or that it’s about us standing because Catholics aren’t. This isn’t about an attack on Catholics; this is about an attack on all kinds of faiths. This is about a three and a half year battle with the Obama administration’s vicious attacks on religious freedoms and brazen disregard for all types of conscience issues. Since the beginning of his administration, Obama has:
- left the “Creator” out of the Declaration seven times
- said not only that we are no longer a Christian nation but that we are the largest Muslim nation in the world
- removed hiring protections for faith-based organizations
- repealed “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell”
- enacted a 7% cut for charitable giving
- put limitations on religious activities that occur at places that receive federal grants
- left God out of his Thanksgiving address
- restricted what military chaplains can or can’t say from their pulpits
- canceled the White House service to observe the National Day of Prayer
- used the old US motto “Out of many, one” instead of our current one “In God We Trust”
- refused to allow the VFW to rebuild the cross memorial at the Mojave Desert Veterans Memorial
There are numerous other instances of his hostility to religion, but Obama’s latest assault is against the rights of conscience as protected by the Constitution. As Michelle Malkin points out in her story, this is just the beginning of this kind of blatant attack against religious freedoms and as David French also notes, we are all one Body – and it’s time for us to stand together and take action. So we are asking you to take action and stand against this bombardment of our freedoms.
Call your Senator today! Call your family, friends, co-workers, church members, your networks, etc., and ask them to call their Senators! We must act NOW!
Call the Capitol switchboard and ask to be connected to a Senator from your specific state (it will take two calls, one for each Senator). The easy numbers are (202) 224-3121 or the free numbers for the Capitol Switchboard include: (866) 220-0044 or (877) 851-6437. (You can also find the number for their local offices if the switchboard is busy or if they don’t answer in their office.)
When you reach someone or if you leave a message:
- Tell them that you want to tell the Senator to vote for the Blunt conscience protection amendment. (They may ask for your zip code to make sure you are one of their constituents and to note where they are receiving calls from across their state.)
- Ask them if they know how the Senator will vote on that amendment.
- Tell them you want to be contacted back about how they voted. (Be sure to ask for accountability!)
If you would prefer to email your Senators, you may visit the contact page for the Senators.
You can also take this opportunity to talk to your U. S. Representatives. Use the same switchboard number (listed above), and ask for your U. S. Congressman by name. Follow the same routine, but this time ask them to SIGN ONTO the Fortenberry Conscience Protection Bill.
Thank you for taking action to make sure that our religious liberties remain protected!